Back to school…sports…craziness. Need an easy dinner idea that can feed your family for about $10? Check this out. It’s delicious and less messy than tacos or nachos!
1 (12 oz) bag tortilla chips
½ cup melted butter
1 lb ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
1 jar (16 oz) picante sauce
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Put tortilla chips in a blender and pulse into fine crumbs
- Melt butter and mix in chip crumbs
- Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook taco meat per seasoning packet directions.
- Add picante sauce.
- Mix the two cheeses together.
- Stir ½ into the meat mixture.
- (this is where you would stir in any other nacho favorites like olives or jalapenos or whatever)
- Scrape entire mixture into the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melty and golden
I used my ADVANTIUM Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance! It’s the perfect size and I LOVE that I can microwave AND bake in it! Check them out here!