Our fashionista has some good news if you need a new swimming suit!
Your bathing suit is 50% off. Go get it!
July 5th means the end of summer for retailers and bathing suits and all things surf and sand are now being discounted for quick sale!
Back to school merch is hitting shelves and summer-this and sunshine-that has got to go. If you haven’t bought a suit this year… I get it, but discounts are everywhere. There is no excuse! I bought a beautiful new suit, coverup up, matching skirt and rash guard, 4 matching pieces for 50% + 15% off this weekend. Crazy deal!
The fun trends to shop for are bandeau tops, one shoulder tops, high waisted bottoms, neon colors and lots of ties. A suit that makes you feel great is waiting. Don’t let the summer go by without getting outside. Buying a new suit is a great way to encourage you to enjoy the outdoors. Even if your just sitting in your backyard and enjoying the sprinkler, a new suit will help elevate the stay-cation vibe!
Summer is the time for cool salads. For some reason a few weeks ago, my mom and I started talking about this macaroni salad my brother-in-law Jim used to make for family reunions or afternoons at the lake. If you don’t like tuna, you could use pulled rotisserie chicken. But this is the original. 🙂 My brother-in-law was making this before “Pasta Salad” was all the rage! That’s why it’s called Macaroni salad.
4 cups Macaroni 1-1½ cups Hellman’s Mayonnaise 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix 1 bag frozen peas slightly steamed ½ tsp onion powder 1 12oz can of tuna
Cook and cool macaroni. Meanwhile, mix everything but the peas together. Stir macaroni into sauce. Once mixed. Gently fold in peas.
I found this great blog about how to whiten your white bed sheets without using bleach! Here’s a quick recap of how:
Add about a half cup of baking soda to the drum of the washing machine and then add distilled white vinegar to the fabric softener dispenser. Important to note: allowing vinegar and baking soda to combine in the process will render each of them no more useful than salt. Splitting them up, allows them each to work their magic without interference as the vinegar will get released later in the cycle.
1. Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
2. Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
3. Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.
4. Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
5. Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God goes with you wherever you go.
6. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
7. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
8. John 14:26-27 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
9. Romans 5:1-4
Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character, hope.
Kids Can Still Earn Free Pizza Hut by Reading
If you were a kid in the 1980s or ‘90s, you may remember reading predominantly in order to earn free Pizza Hut personal pan pizzas. Launched in 1984, Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! program is built on the premise that the promise of cheesy, deep-dish goodness would be an effective enough motivator to get kids to read more consistently. This year, the iconic summer reading program has gone digital—parents can enroll their kids (entering grades K-6) online and track their reading goals. Each child has the opportunity to earn one free, one-topping personal pan pizza for each month of June, July and August.