Our fashionista has some good news if you need a new swimming suit!
Your bathing suit is 50% off. Go get it!
July 5th means the end of summer for retailers and bathing suits and all things surf and sand are now being discounted for quick sale!
Back to school merch is hitting shelves and summer-this and sunshine-that has got to go. If you haven’t bought a suit this year… I get it, but discounts are everywhere. There is no excuse! I bought a beautiful new suit, coverup up, matching skirt and rash guard, 4 matching pieces for 50% + 15% off this weekend. Crazy deal!
The fun trends to shop for are bandeau tops, one shoulder tops, high waisted bottoms, neon colors and lots of ties. A suit that makes you feel great is waiting. Don’t let the summer go by without getting outside. Buying a new suit is a great way to encourage you to enjoy the outdoors. Even if your just sitting in your backyard and enjoying the sprinkler, a new suit will help elevate the stay-cation vibe!
1. Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
2. Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
3. Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.
4. Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
5. Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God goes with you wherever you go.
6. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
7. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
8. John 14:26-27 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
9. Romans 5:1-4
Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character, hope.
Kids Can Still Earn Free Pizza Hut by Reading
If you were a kid in the 1980s or ‘90s, you may remember reading predominantly in order to earn free Pizza Hut personal pan pizzas. Launched in 1984, Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! program is built on the premise that the promise of cheesy, deep-dish goodness would be an effective enough motivator to get kids to read more consistently. This year, the iconic summer reading program has gone digital—parents can enroll their kids (entering grades K-6) online and track their reading goals. Each child has the opportunity to earn one free, one-topping personal pan pizza for each month of June, July and August.
This is Johnny. He is my sweet uncle. He has been missing for 27 years. He was found dehydrated and homeless in Arizona Thursday and taken to an emergency room and after identifying him and looking for family the nurse gave him a phone to FaceTime with my mother. Our family is rejoicing that he has been found and that he is being given medical care but because of corona we can’t get into see him… so please celebrate with us his being found and please pray for his continued recovery and that we can be reunited as a family very soon. Most people don’t know this but when I was trying to come up with my band name for Plumb… “a girl named Johnny“ was one of the options, named after him… because he is my first memory of loving music… He and his acoustic guitar. With chewing tobacco in his cheek and a wad of bubble gum in mine he taught me how to spit into a spittoon. 😂 He was fun and handsome and funny and kind and I’ve missed having him in my life… and I am so thrilled that not only has he been found but the joy that my sweet mama and her siblings are experiencing right now is incredible! #PrettySureASongIsComingOut ofThis
Have you noticed the price of water bottles these days? Well some how designers have convinced us that the container we tote our water in speaks volumes about who we are, how much we care about our planet and most of all how fashionable we are. Yep! There’s no doubt about it, the water bottle is the new accessory and mine is “cooler” than yours.
Just like wearing a fabulous pair of red shoes or topping an outfit with a fabulous jacket, your water bottle is the new fashion accessory that can complement your outfit and express your savvy chic style. There are now hundreds of colors and styles of bottles on the market, with gorgeous details, the kind of details you would see on a high end pair of shoes, a handbag or traditional accessory.
The water bottle carrier had a moment in the early 90’s when everyone one dawned a special purse-like pouch with a strap that allowed you to carry a large liter of water. The carrier was fancy. The bottle of water was not.
Now the trend is not about buying water and a luxury carrier for your cheap bottle, but hitting your spiket with an envious and beautifully designed water bottle that looks and feels luxurious.
If you haven’t bitten the bullet and bought a highend bottle, start shopping. The trend isn’t going away and the your bottle speaks volumes. Choose a bottle just like you would shoes and/or a purse.
You are worth the investment and toting a cool bottle will take years off of your look.