To view our public file, please head to our online Public File Page.
It is the belief of Lanser Broadcasting that we are called to provide equal employment opportunity to any qualified individual without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that God blesses each of us with different gifts and abilities that we are to cherish and use to His glory no matter what our race, sex, or age. Therefore, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, and training a diverse and inclusive mix of employees to enhance the overall quality of Lanser Broadcasting. Lanser Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer where women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
If your organization regularly distributes information about employment opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer and would like to receive job vacancy notices from Lanser Broadcasting, please send us the name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and contact person in which to send the openings to. All requests should be directed to:
Lanser Broadcasting Corp.
425 Centerstone Ct.
Zeeland, MI 49424
ph: (616) 931-9930
fax: (616) 931-1280
Procedure for hirings at Lanser Broadcasting
1) Lanser Broadcasting will run 10 ads per day on the first and 15th of each month asking for organizations who might help us to find a diverse pool of applicants for every position. These organizations will be notified of all future openings at Lanser Broadcasting. The list of these organizations will be in the public file and on the station website.
2) Lanser Broadcasting will post all openings internally along with notification to a list of organizations compiled by Lanser Broadcasting and Broadcast Compliance Services. A specific list of organizations contacted for each opening can be obtained by contacting the business offices of Lanser Broadcasting during regular business hours at (616) 931-9930.
3) Lanser Broadcasting will also look to conduct Supplemental Recruitment Activities such as:
* Job Fairs
* Scholarship Programs
* Career Days and Workshops
* Internship and Mentoring Programs
* Station Tours
* MAB programs
* Regular EEO training for staff
* On-going training for staff to advance employment
Public Files and the websites will be updated annually (June 1) with the following:
* Ad copy of monthly commercials with the schedule
* Organization Listing for Notification
* New Job Vacancy Part A & B
* Any other Supplemental Recruitment Activities
* Annual EEO Public File Report Form
* FCC Form 396 – Broadcast EEO Program Report
* FCC Form 397- Broadcast Mid-Term Report
4) The FCC directs religious broadcasters to make “reasonable, good faith efforts to recruit applicants without regard to race, color, national origin or gender among those who are qualified based on their religious beliefs or affiliation.”
5) All paperwork will be completed in a timely and accurate manner. Above all else, Lanser Broadcasting will be honest with all reports!
Annual EEO Public File Report
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station(s): WJQK – Zeeland, MI & WPNW – Zeeland, MI and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their website’s, if they have website’s.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning June 1, 2011, to and including May 31, 2012. (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number; The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period; Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC rules.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone or by e-mail.
Appendix 1 to Annual EEO Public File Report Form
Covering the Period from June 1, 2012 to May 31, 2013
To view this report, please click HERE. Thank you.