CrockTober is HERE! I was super excited to try this recipe and it didn’t disappoint! This bread is easy and so so tasty. And by the way, your house will smell AMAZING!
- 2 TBS butter, melted (plus butter for the pan)
- 1 1/2 tsps active dry yeast
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- Butter a 6-by-3-inch round pan and set aside (I used a casserole dish)
- Combine the butter, yeast, sugar, salt and 1 cup warm water in a stand mixer using the dough hook attachment
- With the mixer on low speed, add 1/2 cup of the flour at a time
- Once all the flour is added, knead on medium speed for 8 minutes
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and lower it into a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker and cover with the lid
- Cook on high about 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Turn off slow cooker and let it set for 30 minutes
- Take the pan out of the cooker and let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes
- Turn out onto a rack and let cool completely
I can’t wait to try adding garlic and basil or maybe doing a cinnamon loaf!
I used my ADVANTIUM Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance! It’s the perfect size and I LOVE that I can microwave AND bake in it! Check them out here!