CrockPot Baked Apples
It’s CROCK-TOBER! Time to make you a CROCK star! This is a really easy recipe and gives you the taste of apple pie with these two bonuses.
1. It’s way simpler. 2. It has fewer calories!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Gala or Macintosh apples, cored
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons caramel vodka (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, nuts, butter, and cinnamon. If you don’t want to use nuts, you could use ¼ cup granola!
- Core the apple most of the way through. I take one ribbon of skin off around the middle…because my mom always did!
- Fill the apples with the filling and place them in the crock-pot.
- Pour the juice or cider (and liquor, if using) into the crock-pot, around the apples.
- Set the crock-pot on high heat and cook 2½ to 3 hours until the apples are soft and begin to collapse.
- Serve warm with a dollop of fat-free whipped cream or ice cream!