My Michigan Strawberry supply was waning and I wanted to do everything I could to keep them, so I tried this. I’ve seen it on posts before, but have never tried it. I wouldn’t do it with ALL my strawberries, but for the last bit, I enjoyed them!
- 1 lb Strawberries, washed then dried
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 200
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (not foil or wax paper)
- Slice strawberries into uniform slices, approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Arrange strawberries on parchment paper, leaving space between each slice
- Bake at 200 for approximately 2 hours, until the tops of the strawberries are dry
- Peel the strawberry slices from the paper and flip
- Continue to bake for another 30 minutes to an hour until fully dehydrated
- Remove the dried strawberries from the oven and allow to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. They can be stored for several months without spoiling
For ALL my Cookin with Brooke recipes, click here!
I love my Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance.
Thanks so much to them for sponsoring Cookin With Brooke.