I absolutely LOVE fresh blueberries. I eat them straight up, on top of yogurt, on salads, and my favorite way…baked in a pie! I tried a non-traditional 1 crust version. It’s not pretty, but it was SO delicious and easy. I’ll definitely make it again!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1-2 TBS cornstarch
- 5 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 TBS softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour, lemon zest and lemon juice
- Add 1-2 TBS cornstarch
- Gently stir in the blueberries
- Pour into the pie crust
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon
- Mix in butter using a fork until crumbly
- Spread the crumb topping evenly over the pie filling
- Bake for 50-55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned on top
- Cool over a wire rack
For ALL my Cookin with Brooke recipes, click here!
I love my Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance.
Thanks so much to them for sponsoring Cookin With Brooke.