This has been a staple in my house for several years. They’re delicious served warm or as leftovers!
- 4 cans of light red kidney beans, drained
- 2 14.5 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp minced garlic (I usually half this so it is not too “garlicy”)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp brown mustard
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil in a large frying pan. Stir and cook for about 8 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, light brown sugar, mustard, and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
Add beans. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.