TGI Fridays surveyed thousands of moms across the country to learn about how they really want to spend Mother’s Day, and it doesn’t involve breakfast in bed.
According to a recent survey, 70 percent of moms want a day to themselves and their top annoyance is cleaning up after the celebration.
The TGI Fridays survey asked participants about what they are hoping for on Mother’s Day:
- 70 percent of moms want a day to themselves
- 51 percent of moms want a good night’s sleep
- 40 percent of moms want a self-care day (spa, manicure, massage)
- 38 percent of moms want a night out with friends
The survey also asked respondents their top annoyances of Mother’s Day, key findings include:
- Cleaning up after the party/celebration (47 percent) and feeling exhausted at the end of the day (33 percent)
- Not being able to take a break from the everyday routine (36 percent)
- Waking up early (30 percent) and no time alone (28 percent)