It can be hard to figure out what is better to buy new and what things are good to buy used. There are many gently used items that can still have a long lifespan and can help you enjoy the savings you’ll get from buying them that way. Here are some of those things:
1. Exercise equipment like treadmills, ellipticals, and dumbbells that are still in good condition.
2. Anything with a lifetime warranty.
3. Hand tools.
4. Tech gadgets – things like buying an “open-box tv” that was returned or used as a store model.
5. Espresso machines.
6. Sports gear – especially when kids grow out of them so quickly.
7. Vehicles, cars lose a lot of value just by being driven off the lot.
8. Furniture – browse your local yard sales, flea markets and antique shops for great bargains.
9. Bikes, these have been a big item for people to purchase since the stay at home order began, and a lot of people get rid of bikes that just need a simple fix.
10. Clothing – thrift stores can save you up to 90% on all sorts of different items.
11. Musical instruments
13. Yard tools and equipment
14. Wedding accessories – wedding items are generally used for one day. It is a great way to keep wedding expenses down.
15. Jewelry, estate sales are a great place to find good deals on jewelry.