Anxiety is on the rise across our country. In fact, it has become one of the biggest “issues” adults, and children, are facing today. But, why do we worry when Jesus said, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” Matthew 6:34
Take a look at what people worry about MOST, and how many of these things are truly not worth worrying about!
- 40% of the things people worry about will NEVER happen (like being struck by lightning, a tornado in West Michigan, geting the Bird Flu)
- 30% of the things people worry about are in the past that we can’t change (sorry, we cannot hop in a time machine)
- 12% of the things people worry about are criticism by others. (what are people saying about me? Are they laughing at what I’m wearing?) These are mostly untrue things to begin with.
- 10% of the things people worry about is health related. (which only gets worse with stress)
That takes us to 92%. So, 92% of the things that we worry about in life are things that really never come to the surface to begin with.
- Only 8% of what we worry about is about real problems that we will face. Only 8% is legit worry so to speak
Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.