Ultra Crispy Smashed Potatoes
I’ve been hearing and seeing that everyone is making these lately, so I had to give them a try! And I’m glad I did! These are SO delicious. They’re extra crispy on the outside but nice and fluffy on the inside. These might be my new favorite way to make potatoes! (and being Irish, you know I LOVE me some potatoes!)
- 12-14 small potatoes
- 1 tbsp sea salt (for boiling)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt (for sprinkling)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Finely chopped parsley, optional garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add 1 tbsp salt. Cook potatoes until soft – about 20 to 25 minutes. (It’s ok if the skin splits.)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Drain the potatoes and let them set in the colander for 5 minutes
- Place on the pan and use a large fork or potato masher to smash them, trying to keep them in one piece. The thinner they are the crispier they will be!
- Leave on the pan for another 5 minutes
- Drizzle with melted butter, then olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until deep golden and crispy. Don’t flip!
- Sprinkled with parsley if desired. (we dipped in sour cream!)
The Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance is so great!
I love mine!