These have been some PRETTY hot days, right? How about a meal you can cook entirely on the stove top!? This recipe comes from long-time friends of ours. We had this at their house and I said I MUST have the recipe. She showed me the box of Rice-A-Roni! I couldn’t believe it came from there. We’re not sure if it is still featured on the box, so here you go! ENJOY! (and it is easy, too!)
One 6.9-ounce package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
1 teaspoon dried basil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 cups broccoli florets
8-10 grape tomatoes cut in half
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet, prepare Rice-A-Roni mix as package directs, adding basil with water.
- Top with chicken; bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Top with broccoli and tomato.
- Cover; continue cooking 5 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand covered a few minutes before serving.