This week’s Cookin With Brook recipe comes actually from The Captain! (He calls this “Cookin With The Captain”!) We learned that February 25th is National Chili day. And The Captain made his chili for me over the weekend. SO…we thought we’d pass it along. It has the perfect blend of spices and veggies. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 1 pkg hot chili seasoning
- 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms sliced
- Small onion chopped
- 1 can 16oz chili beans
- 1 can 16oz kidney beans
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (28oz)
- 2 small cans tomato paste (6oz)
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onions
- Drain and return to pan
- Sprinkle in chili seasoning (feel free to add more cumin and chili powder for desired heat)
- Simmer 40-60 mins
- Top with cheese, or crackers or both!
The Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance is so great!
I love mine!