Faithlife compared the most popular songs of March 15-31 and April 20-May 10 with the most popular songs during February, just before the lockdowns took effect. The complete list of the 10 most popular church songs during the pandemic follows:
1. It is Well With My Soul by Horatio Spafford (68 percent increase).
2. Great is Thy Faithfulness by Thomas Obadiah Chisholm (64 percent).
3. No Longer Slaves by Jonathan and Melissa Helser (23 percent).
4. Raise a Hallelujah by Jonathan and Melissa Helser (15 percent).
5. See a Victory by Chris Brown, Ben Fielding, Jason Ingram, Steven Furtick (30 percent).
6. The Solid Rock by Charlie Hall, Edward Mote (49 percent).
7. You Never Let Go by Matt Redman (102 percent).
8. Yes I Will (21 percent).
9. Cornerstone by Edward Mote (11 percent).
10. He Will Hold Me Fast by Matthew Merker (46 percent).
Meanwhile, Be Still, My Soul – 23rd on the list – saw the largest percentage increase (132 percent) of usage during the pandemic.