- 3 oz orange jello (the original recipe calls for lemon)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 3 medium carrots grated
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Mayonnaise optional (um…yeah…I skipped this)
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. Set the pineapple aside.
- To the reserved pineapple juice, add enough cold water to equal one cup.
- Dissolve the jello with boiling water.
- Stir the pineapple juice mixture into the dissolved jello.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill until it begins to thicken (about 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Add the reserved pineapple, shredded carrots and pecans. Stir well,
- Pour into a mold and chill until set (4 hours or overnight).
For ALL my Cookin With Brook recipes, click here!
The Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance is so great!
I love mine!