Want to know what FALL tastes like? Make this! I’m a sucker for anything pumpkiny and when you throw pecans in the mix, mmm…so good!
- 1 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat an 8-inch square (I use a round stone) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, butter, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish. (it will be thick!)
- In the medium bowl you used for the flour mixture (why dirty another bowl?) combine pecans, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar; mix well. Sprinkle over batter.
- (this feels really weird, but it’s magical) Slowly pour hot water over the top; do not stir. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set.
- Serve warm.
- Top with whipped cream. (optional for some…required for others!)
The Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance is so great when you don’t want to heat up the house on these SUPER hot days!
I love mine!