I was craving Strawberry Pie and I asked my mom for her recipe. So we started digging in her recipe box and we found this treasure! Her mom’s handwritten recipe! I made it and it’s delicious. It’s messy, but it’s delicious! It’s worth all the steps. It’s easier than you think.
- 1 Quart Strawberries
- 1 Baked Pie Crust
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3½ TBS Corn Starch
- 1 Cup Water
- Wash and top strawberries
- Take out 1 cup for the glaze, crush, and add 2/3 cup water
- Simmer for 3 minutes and strain
- Mix sugar and cornstarch with 1/3 cup water, add to juice
- Cook until thick and clear
- Add 2-3 drops of red food coloring, if desired, then let cool
- Put the rest of the berries in a baked and cooled pie crust
- Pour cooled glaze over berries
- Chill at least 3 hours then top with whipped cream
For ALL my Cookin with Brooke recipes, click here!
I love my Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance.
Thanks so much to them for sponsoring Cookin With Brooke.