Okay…so I didn’t realize when I named this, that there actually IS a recipe with this name! HA! So cute! (it’s below) I know there are many Frittata recipes out there, but this is what I did. I called it Hakuna Frittata because it’s got bacon in it and Pumbaa from The Lion King was from the hog/pig family! Haha. So make this for dinner and put on The Lion King for a fun family night!
- 1 pkg bacon, cut into little pieces
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash original blend
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 10-12 grape tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar (or your choice of cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Fry chopped bacon in an oven-proof non-stick skillet until almost done
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and spices until well blended
- Transfer bacon to plate and discard most bacon fat the put most of the bacon back in the pan
- Put tomatoes in pan (whole) and warm them until they pop
- Stir in egg mixture and cheese; sprinkle remaining bacon on top
- Let it get to where the edges are set
- Run rubber spatula around the edges to loosen a bit
- Place skillet in oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until center is set
- Remove frittata from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Run rubber spatula around edge of pan to loosen the rest of the way
- Cut into 8 equal wedges to serve.
You can doctor this however you want. Add spinach, add broccoli, peppers, sausage, it can be custom made!
For all my Cookin With Brook recipes, click here!
Special thanks to Gerrit’s Appliance for sponsoring Cookin With Brook I used my Advantium Oven for step #9