I love taking the fresh tastes of summer into the winter, don’t you? This will do just that. Grab some fresh peaches and get ready to make 4 peach pies at once! Trust me, you’ll be glad you did!
- 6 TBS ascorbic acid fruit protector
- 1 gallon water
- 4 quarts sliced fresh peeled peaches
- 3 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 TBS quick-cooking tapioca
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Disolve fruit protector in water.
- Slice peaches into solution and then drain well
- Combine peaches, sugar, tapioca, lemon juices and salt in large mixing bowl
- Line four 8″ pie pans with heavy-duty foil, letting foil extend beyond rim
- Divide filling evenly between pans
- To freeze, fold foil looely over fillings; freeze
- Remove from freezer, remove filling from pans and wrap snugly with foil
- Wrap with freezer wrap or bag
- Label. date and return to freezer for no longer than 6 months
SAVE THIS PART!
- Remove foil from frozen pie fililng and place it unthawed in a pastry-lined 9″ pie pan
- Dot with butter and ¼ tsp nutmeg and ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Adjust top crust; flute edges and cut vents
- Bake in preheated 425 oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until syrup boils with heavy bubbles