Sometimes, CrockTober is a recipe. Sometimes, it’s more of an idea of what to make for dinner. I personally had NEVER had a Meatball sub in my life before this. It was messy (just as I thought, which was why I was avoiding them) but it was worth it! So delicious! And one of the easiest things I’ve ever made! (pro tip…once you’re out of buns if you still have sauce and meatballs left, just serve over spaghetti noodles!)
- One 2 pound bag of frozen Italian Style Meatballs
- 8 hoagie rolls
- 2 jars of marinara (I added some extra garlic and basil)
- 14 Sandwich style sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Grated Parmesan
- Dried or fresh basil
- Place frozen meatballs in a slow cooker
- Pour marinara over the top of the frozen meatballs
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours
- During hour 3, preheat your oven to 350
- Open your hoagie rolls and place on a baking sheet
- Toast for about 5 mins
- Add 2 slices of Mozzarella cheese to each roll and return to the oven
- Continue to toast for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Add about 4 to 5 meatballs to each
- Garnish with grated Parmesan and basil
- Serve with a side of extra sauce
For ALL my Cookin With Brook recipes, click here!
I LOVE my ADVANTIUM Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance! It’s the perfect size and I LOVE that I can microwave AND bake in it! Check them out here!