This is the BEST Potato Soup I’ve ever made and by FAR the easiest! There’s something about potato soup that makes you feel like you’re wrapped up in a warm blanket. This is a family favorite. Even for the pickiest of eaters!
- 1 pkg southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked & crumbled
- 4 1/2 cups hot water
- 4 1/2 tsps chicken bouillon
- 8 oz. cream cheese – softened and cut in chunks
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sour cream
- Extra crumbled bacon
Combine in CrockPot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkles of crumbled bacon. Sourdough bread on the side is a good choice!
Thanks, Nancy for this photo! She combines shredded and cubed hash browns in hers.
The Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance is so great!
I love mine!