I’m a HUGE fan of cinnamon. I mean, I put it in almost anything! Baked beans, pancakes, pork roast, etc. So when I heard my sisters talking about my mom’s cinnamon bread, I just HAD to make it! I don’t know why I hadn’t before! It rivals the one you may have gotten from one of those membership stores! Only it will be YOUR house that smells amazing! And yes, you might have to give out samples if anyone stops by and smells it! haha
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (If you don’t have buttermilk, substitute milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar to measure 1 cup)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS butter (softened or melted)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Add flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes
- Pour into prepared loaf pan
- Smooth top
- Combine 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly
- Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter
- Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean
- Remove bread from pan to rack to cool
For ALL my Cookin with Brooke recipes, click here!
I love my Advantium Oven from Gerrit’s Appliance.
Thanks so much to them for sponsoring Cookin With Brooke.