Maybe you clean your makeup brushes regularly, or maybe you don’t…
But here are some simple steps to easily clean them!
- If you’re using liquid soap, start by dampening the bristles.
- Next, add a drop of soap in the palm of your hand and swirl the brush around until makeup begins to release.
- Repeat until the brush is clean.
- Rinse out the soap.
- Gently squeeze out excess water and reshape the brush head.
- Lay the brush flat to dry on an absorbent towel, avoiding pooling water by the handle. It is recommended to let the brush hair hang over the edge of the sink or use a drying rack.
There are so many ways to clean your brush and maybe you do it differently! But it is recommended to avoid water around the base. “The most important step is to NOT soak them in liquid or allow water to penetrate the base where the bristles are attached. This will cause the adhesive to break down, and the brushes will begin to shed.