If you’re traveling with kids, in addition to the usual sightseeing attractions, depending on your destination, you
might want to look and see if there is a factory tour near you. These behind-the-scene looks show kids how their
favorite objects are made; they may even get a lesson in industrial design, engineering, and manufacturing.
Plus, if you tour a creamery, ice-cream factory, or sweet shop, you might get a tasty sample at the end!
According to Good Housekeeping, the top five tours are:
- Polaris Experience Center (Roseau, Minnesota)
- PEZ Visitor Center (Orange, Connecticut)
- The Kazoo Factory Tour Experience (Beaufort, South Carolina)
- Jelly Belly Visitor Center & Factory (Fairfield, California)
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory (Louisville, Kentucky)