Every Tuesday morning at 6:50, we chat with our favorite Fashionista, Andy Paige! She always has simple ideas, on a simple budget. This week, she shared 5 simple summer time shoe tricks and tips!
“I don’t know about you, but I have more aches, pains, blisters and problems with spring/summer shoes and sandals than I do winter shoes. The ability/necessity to go sock-free during the warmer months often causes lots of shoe and foot problems. So here are my favorite top five tricks that really work to help with blisters, sweat, slipping and swelling feet in otherwise comfortable shoes.
1. Dry shampoo is fabulous for absorbing moisture in flats. So if your going sock-less, spray the inside of your shoes with a non-colored or tinted dry shampoo.
2. Here’s an old running trick. Stick deodorant works great on your feet to prevent blisters. Rub a stick deodorant on the susceptible areas and you’ll be amazed at the results. This is great for new shoes.
3. Apply hairspray to your feet to help keep them in heels and to support your flip flops from falling off. This really works like a charm.
4. Pantyliners in your shoes are terrific for absorbing sweat and keeping your shoes from getting stinky. This is a great trick for keeping down odor when traveling and packing just a couple of pairs of shoes!!
5. Your feet naturally swell in the summer heat. If you need to stretch your shoes just a bit to offer more comfort, put on a super thick pair of socks and use the blow dryer to heat up the areas that need stretching. This works like a charm.
For more tips like this visit Andy’s website CentsofStyle.com , you can also pick up her book, “Style On A Shoestring”.